... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Treasury Market Outlook
[USD] US markets are not yet adjusted to the change in the Fed and possible rebound onto the economy. On Fri, Fed speakers talked "positive real interest rates", banged by headline- and core-PCE inflation beating expectations. The S&P 500 fell 90bp with the NASDAQ down 151bp. The VIX is back to levels seen earlier in the year, including when the Russo-Ukraine war began. The bond market keep edging higher. The 2-year note rose 5bp to 4.24% while the 10-year note rose 3bp to 3.82%. The 2s10s yield curve is inverted by 42bp.
9/30/2022 8:08:29 PM
[INT] The Week Ahead
[INT] Read below for reports, policy changes and data in the week ahead.
9/30/2022 7:58:54 PM
[EUR] Eurozone unemployment rate and flash HICP
[EUR] Released earlier today, Eurozone unemployment remained constant at 6.6% and HICP flash y/y was 10.0%. The latter value represents the highest inflation rate since records began (1998), exceeding market expectations of a 9.7% value. In doing so, this jump of 0.9% from the prior month value (9.1%) represents the largest increase to date. This is the fourth consecutive month for which unemployment is 6.6%.
9/30/2022 3:11:18 PM
[GBP] Has GBP bottomed out?
[GBP] The dramatic fall in the British pound over the past week - from above 1.1200 vs USD on 22 Sep to an intraday (Asian-session) all-time low of 1.0350 on the 26th - has animated the forex market. What's now in store for the beleaguered currency? Our bias is bearish on a multi-day basis, even as a recovery is likely over the medium-term.
9/30/2022 11:11:57 AM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.