... from the IDEApro Suite
[FRX] Forex market outlook - 6 December
[FRX] USD volatility continued at the end of the week in late-Europe, with the DXY finally trading little changed within a 95.967 - 96.448 range, from its Thurs close of 96.156 and compared with the previous Friday's close of 96.089. - Please see our forex market outlook below.
12/3/2021 5:57:19 PM
[EUR] Retail sales increase in October, but…
[EUR] Eurozone Oct retail sales (released Fri) increased by 0.2% m/m, matching consensus expectations, following a downwardly revised -0.4% in Sep (prev -0.3%). This took the annual rate down to 1.4% y/y, from an upwardly revised 2.6% in Sep (prev 2.5%).
12/3/2021 3:39:58 PM
[MXN] Recovers losses but 'omicron', energy policy...
[MXN] The MXN has now recovered last week's losses, strengthening past the USD/MXN 21.50 level to the USD/MXN 21.30 area. But we still do not see it appreciating much further - as a particularly liquid EM currency, it is likely to experience elevated volatility given the new 'omicron' coronavirus variant and concerns over the efficacy of the available vaccines against it. The MXN weakened sharply last week, breaking through USD/MXN 22.00, exacerbated by thin trading because of the US Thanksgiving holiday, triggered by president AMLO's surprise nomination of deputy finance minister Victoria Rodriguez as the next Banxico governor (she has been in charge of public spending) instead of former finance minister Arturo Herrera, long vaunted as the president's preferred replacement for governor Diaz de Leon when his term expires at the end of the year. And the MXN will continue to be adversely impacted by government policy, especially energy policy, as we have argued.
12/3/2021 12:22:12 PM
[FRX] Forex market outlook update - 3 December
[FRX] The USD is on a slightly weaker footing in early-Europe, with the DXY trading lower within a 96.116 - 96.321 range, from its Thurs close of 96.156. The release of the US Nov NFP report at 13:30GMT could provide a fillip for the greenback though, should the headline figure turn out stronger than the 550K m/m rise that the market is expecting. - Please see our forex market outlook update below.
12/3/2021 11:34:38 AM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.