... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Treasury Market Outlook
[USD] The US Treasury market appears to be preparing for tapering news to come out of the September 21/22 FOMC meeting. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note closed at 1.37%. This was the highest yield since mid-July; in fact 10-year note yields were as low as 1.17% at the onset of August. Short-dated paper is more anchored, though the yield on the 2-year note was up one basis point to 0.22%. At the onset of August the yield was 0.17%. From the August 3 lows, the yield curve has steepened to 114bp from 100bp. The stage for Wednesday is set.
9/17/2021 8:24:20 PM
[INT] The Week Ahead
[INT] Important data and event to expect in the coming week.
9/17/2021 7:39:28 PM
[FRX] Forex market outlook - 20 September
[FRX] The USD rebounded against the other G-10 peers in Friday's late-European trading, with the DXY hitting an intra-day high of 93.208 - near-1-month highs - following the release of a weaker than expected rise in the US Sep UMich consumer confidence barometer to 71.0, from 70.3 in Aug (72 had been predicted by the consensus). - Please see our forex market outlook below.
9/17/2021 5:04:44 PM
[GBP] The week ahead in the UK
[GBP] In the market spotlight the BoE MPC decision (Thurs) is expected to keep the official Bank Rate steady at 0.10%, and the programme of asset purchases paused at GBP895bn. Aug PSNB ex-banks (Tues) is estimated to decline, while the Sep CBI manufacturing order book balance (Tues) is projected to dip slightly. The flash reading of Sep composite PMI (Thurs) is expected to decline further, while Sep GFK consumer confidence index (Thurs) is forecast to dip. In addition, the Sep CBI distributive trades survey's retail sales balance (Fri) is projected to drop.
9/17/2021 2:38:57 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.