... from the IDEApro Suite
[FRX] Market/ Technical Summary - October 28
[FRX] Overnight Market Summary: The DXY was trading higher at around 93.10. EUR/USD was trading lower at around 1.1780. USD/JPY was trading lower at around 104.30. AUD/USD was trading around 0.7140. GBP/USD was trading around 1.3035.
10/28/2020 3:32:11 AM
[JPY] Japan Preview: BoJ to stay the course
[JPY] It is a busy week for central bank policy meetings. The Bank of Japan's monetary policy meeting is scheduled for Thursday (October 29). We don't expect major policy changes this time. The policy balance rate is expected to hold at -0.1%, the 10-year JGB target is likely to remain 'around' 0% (defined roughly as +/-20bps around this target) and the purchase programmes are expected to remain unchanged. The BoJ will also release fresh economic forecasts, which might be revised downwards as global Covid-19 cases trend higher again.
10/28/2020 1:26:35 AM
[USD] US Bond Strategy for October 27
[USD] Treasuries saw further upward pressure across the curve on Tuesday, alongside a pullback in equities, as markets largely shook off a relatively solid run of US economic data, highlighted by further gains in durable goods orders and S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller, alongside little change in Conference Board consumer confidence. Overall, the 10Yr Note yield decreased -3bps towards the 0.78%-mark. Markets now await a lighter flow of data on Wednesday, highlighted by wholesale inventories, followed by a 5Yr Note auction later in the session.
10/27/2020 6:59:27 PM
[CAD] CA Preview: Markets Expect No Change from BoC
[CAD] The Bank of Canada will announce its overnight rate target decision and accompanying statement on Wednesday at 10:00EDT (14:00GMT). Overall, markets are expecting no change from the BoC, keeping the overnight rate target at 0.25%. Moving forward, we expect there is increased likelihood of some further policy support from the BoC amidst a backdrop of global slowing, with the October statement likely to yield few material changes.
10/27/2020 6:57:49 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.