... from the IDEApro Suite
The week ahead
Please see below for a summary of the upcoming week's releases and events across major markets.
2/26/2021 7:51:11 PM
[FRX] Forex market strategy for 1 Mar
[FRX] The USD's advance continued in NY trading on Fri, amid risk-off sentiment and a rout in the equities and non-metals commodities markets. This saw the greenback rally against all of its G-10 peers, with the DXY hitting an intra-day high point of 90.90, up from its Thurs close of 90.13, and indeed the 7- week low of 89.68 that it touched on Thurs. - Please see our forex strategy below -.
2/26/2021 6:05:27 PM
[MXN] Stronger than expected data but risk-off key
[MXN] With the bout of global risk-off, the MXN is eyeing the USD/MXN 21.00 level and we are not looking for it to strengthen markedly, despite the stronger-revised Q420 GDP data yesterday (+3.3% q/q s-adj, -4.3% y/y compared to the preliminary reading of +3.1% q/q s-adj, -4.5% y/y), as the negatives are likely to dominate, the unabating pandemic and policy risks key amongst them, as we have been highlighting. President AMLO yesterday said that Pemex would be getting more financial support with a figure of MXN 100bn mooted, underscoring the government's favouritism of the state oil company and the CFE state electricity company, although support for Pemex is inevitable and necessary given the company's huge debt burden (now exceeding USD 110bn).
2/26/2021 12:40:56 PM
[FRX] Forex market strategy update - 26 Feb
[FRX] The USD has continued its advance that began in late NY trading on Thurs, through Asia and into early European trading, amid risk-off sentiment and a rout in the equities and commodities markets. This has seen the greenback rally against virtually all of its G-10 peers, with the DXY hitting an intra-morning high point of 90.772, from its Thurs close of 90.13, and indeed the 7- week low of 89.68 that it touched on Thurs. But there is scope for the DXY to return some of those gains, given the fight back by some G-10 central bankers to stem the increase of major economy bond yields. Scope exists for the DXY to eventually slip back towards the lower end of an 89.60 - 91.00 range in the s-t. Please see our forex strategy below.
2/26/2021 12:10:05 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.