... from the IDEApro Suite
[INT] The Week Ahead
[INT] Read below for policy, speeches and data in the week ahead.
3/24/2023 7:30:42 PM
[FRX] Forex market outlook - 27 March 2023
[FRX] The USD recovered some of its mojo as it appreciated against its G-10 counterparts, save the JPY, in the wake of heightened risk aversion - reflected in falling share prices and plummeting US treasury yields. Lingering concerns about the state of the global banking sector have risen to the fore once again, after the revelation that US Fed USD loans to foreign central banks went from zero on 15 Mar to $60bn in the week ended Weds, contributing to a swelling of the Fed's balance sheet. The jitters have unleashed another wave of safe-haven currency demand, which is overwhelming the effects of the recent moderation in the US FOMC language that revealed a less hawkish Fed policy stance. Although the greenback pared back some of its early session gains after a hugely disappointing US Feb durable goods orders report, next week's plethora of second-tier US indicators might have only a marginal impact on the greenback, so long as the market's nerves remain jangled.
3/24/2023 4:07:46 PM
[FRX] Forex market outlook update - 24 March 2023
[FRX] The USD has recovered some of its mojo in early-European trading as it appreciates against its G-10 counterparts save the JPY, in the wake of heightened risk aversion - reflected in falling share prices and plummeting US treasury yields. Lingering concerns about the state of the global banking sector have risen to the fore once again, unleashing another wave of safe-haven currency demand. This is overwhelming the effects of the recent moderation in the US FOMC language that revealed a less hawkish Fed policy stance, although the greenback could pare back some of its early session gains if the upcoming releases of US Feb durable goods orders and flash Mar sector PMIs turn out weaker than consensus expectations.
3/24/2023 11:44:14 AM
[MKT] Market/Forex Technical Overview
[MKT] Market/Forex Technical Overview
3/24/2023 11:00:06 AM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.