... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Treasury Market Outlook
[USD] US equities and fixed income are in a tug-of-war. The S&P 500 rose nearly 200bp on Friday as markets seemingly cheered a one-month drop in the inflation rate. However, bond yields have not been as exuberant. The yield on the 2-year note rose 1bp to 3.24%, while the yield on the 10-year note dropped 5bp to 2.83%. That left the 2s10s yield curve inverted by 41bp.
8/12/2022 9:15:22 PM
[INT] The Week Ahead
[INT] Read below for reports, data and policy in the coming week.
8/12/2022 8:56:02 PM
[FRX] Forex market outlook - 15 August 2022
[FRX] The USD rebounded against its other major currency counterparts, save the Antipodeans, with the DXY arresting four consecutive sessions of declines to rise at one point by as much as 0.8% from its Thurs close, to an intra-session high of 105.882, amid generally higher share prices. - Please see our forex market outlook below.
8/12/2022 5:42:11 PM
[FRX] Forex market outlook update - 12 August 2022
[FRX] The USD is trading mixed against its other major currency counterparts, with the DXY arresting four consecutive sessions of declines to rise at one point by as much as 0.3% from its Thurs close to hit an intra-session high of 105.51, amid generally higher share prices. The upcoming US Aug UMich consumer sentiment survey will be of import, especially to see if household price expectations are easing, following the recent downside surprises on US CPI and PPI inflation readings. - Please see our forex market outlook update below.
8/12/2022 11:19:47 AM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.