... from the IDEApro Suite
[FRX] Forex market strategy for 25 Jan
[FRX] The risk party ended on Fri with players deciding they didn't want to go into the weekend overly short of USD. In general, the greenback's performance against the major currencies was a mixed one, but the end result saw the DXY recoup some of its recent losses to trade up to an intraday high of 90.31, from its 90.13 close on Thurs, before settling back around 90.18. - Please see our forex strategy below -.
1/22/2021 6:32:03 PM
[EUR] The week ahead in the Eurozone
[EUR] In the market spotlight this week, Jan EU Commission survey should show economic, industrial and services sentiment (on Thurs) all dipping slightly due to reduced business activity in the Eurozone in Jan. The final reading for the Jan consumer confidence indicator (also on Thurs) is expected to remain unchanged from its flash estimate of -15.5. Also, M3 annual money supply (on Fri) is expected to grow moderately. ECB speakers include Pres Lagarde (on Mon), executive board's Elderson (on Mon), governing council's Weidmann (on Mon), executive board's Panetta (on Mon), chief economist Lane (on Mon & Weds), governing council's Centeno (on Tues), governing council's Villeroy de Galhau (on Weds) and executive board's Schnabel (on Thurs).
1/22/2021 5:23:15 PM
[GBP] The week ahead in the UK
[GBP] In the UK, Nov ILO unemployment rate (on Tues) is expected to have risen due to additional lockdown measures implemented during Nov. Average earnings rate (also on Tues) is expected to have risen slightly in Nov. BoE speakers include Governor Bailey (on Mon) and executive director Brazier (on Thurs).
1/22/2021 5:22:06 PM
[USD] The week ahead in the US
[USD] The key event in the US is the FOMC meeting on Weds, which is expected to end in the decision to keep monetary policy steady, as well as Fed Chair Powell's accompanying press conference. The Senate also receives the House of Reps article of impeachment against former Pres Trump for insurrection against the US. Upcoming economic releases include Q4 advance GDP data, S & P house price figures for Nov, Conference Board's Jan consumer confidence survey, Dec durable goods data and Jan Chicago PMI survey, among others.
1/22/2021 4:43:12 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.