... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Treasury Market Outlook
[USD] US markets were heartened by Federal Reserve Bank President Jerome Powell's affirming that the pace of rate hikes can slow, as early as the Dec meeting. Equities rocketed higher, with the S&P 500 up 309bp and the NASDAQ up 441bp. Yields took part in the fun as well. The yield on the 2-year note fell 15bp to 4.33%, with the 10-year note yield dropping 14bp to 3.61%. The 2s10s yield curve slope remained inverted, at 72bp.
11/30/2022 9:41:56 PM
[FRX] Forex market outlook - 1 December 2022
[FRX] The USD traded firmer against several of its major G-10 peers, as the S & P 500 futures index turned south and US treasury yields rose. The DXY managed to scale the 107.0 level for the first time in a week to hit a high point of 107.195. Risk sentiment should continue to be the main driver of the greenback for the most part, while the medium-term outlook for the USD stays bullish as a switch to a more gradual pace of US Fed fund rate hikes means monetary tightening persists for longer. - Please see our forex market outlook below.
11/30/2022 5:08:06 PM
[USD] US Treasury Market Outlook
[USD] US markets are being bugged by Chinese unrest and more Fed uncertainty. Uprisings in Chinese cities against the "Zero Covid" policy has upended concerns over the already weak global economy. The S&P 500 index fell 16bp while the NASDAQ fell 59bp. Bond yields rose on the day. The 2-year note rose 4bp to 4.48% while the 10-year note rose 5bp to 3.76%. The 2s10s yield curve slope is inverted by 72bp.
11/30/2022 1:54:16 PM
[FRX] Forex market outlook update - 30 November 2022
[FRX] The USD is trading weaker against its major G-10 peers, save the JPY, as players await US Fed Chair Powell's speech later today, amid a rally in the equities markets. Improved risk appetite is the main driver as players take an optimistic view that China could soon scale back its harsh covid-related movement restrictions and try to improve its economic prospects. - Please see our forex market outlook update below.
11/30/2022 12:08:54 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.